Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Strength of Weakness

"But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, so that the surpassing greatness of the power will be of God and not from ourselves; we are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not despairing; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed;"  
2 Corinthians 4: 7-9 (NASB)
This past week, I found myself feeling so weak in my walk. This is a recurring issue whenever I get overwhelmed with the cares of this life - and believe me, there are many. As I sit alone in the dark, I hear the voice of the adversary....it's louder than before and taunts me with my deepest fears.  I struggle to believe that which my Lord has told me. This grip is strong and I feel so powerless against it.  Nevertheless, I fight for my life. I did not receive God's grace in vain (2 Corinthians 6:1).  

As I remember who and whose I am, I feel strengthened with hope. Grace for this moment has been extended and I freely accept it with resurrected joy!  Thanks be to my Adonai for His gift of love and grace that reconciles my weakness for His strength. 

Father God, thank You that "though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day."  (2 Corinthians 4:16) Lord, may we continue to keep our eyes fixed on You, the Author and Finisher of our faith.  In Christ's name, Amen.







0 comments: